maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Bentmann <benjamin.bentm...@udo.edu>
Subject Re: error while trying to stage maven ear plugin 2.4 site
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 10:31:29 GMT
Stephane Nicoll wrote:

> I am trying to stage the ear plugin v 2.4. So far so good but I have
> the following error when I try to generate the site (with -Preporting)

> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO] Error during page generation
>
> Embedded error: Error rendering Maven report: Failed during checkstyle
> configuration
> Unable to instantiate JavadocPackageCheck

The configuration for the maven-checkstyle-plugin fetches the rules
directly from SVN and apparently the changes made to maven_checks.xml
for MCHECKSTYLE-105 are not compatible with Checkstyle 4. Until we have
fixed the parent POM, all our releases will suffer from this. A
workaround is to add

   <profiles>
     <profile>
       <id>reporting</id>
       <reporting>
         <plugins>
           <plugin>
             <artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
             <configuration>
               <configLocation>config/maven_checks.xml</configLocation>
             </configuration>
           </plugin>
         </plugins>
       </reporting>
     </profile>
   </profiles>

to the plugin POM, making the plugin load the rules from its own JAR.

> Can I proceed with the release vote with the stage site without
> reports or should we need to fix this first?

As long as the essential bits of the site (usage, goals, examples) are
eventually deployed, that's fine with me.

Benjamin