maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Repository Plugin: Should SCM be Required??
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 04:57:34 GMT
I think any rule needs to be enforced on the server side as much as in
the repository plugin too.

For mine, I think strongly recommending SCM is a good idea, but we do
allow artifacts that are redistributable and not open source and so it
should not be required. If you were to get fancy you could tighten the
requirement for those that specify an open source license.

You might also consider an associated source bundle in the repository
a suitable replacement for the SCM element?

Anyway, strongly recommending/defaulting is one thing, but I wouldn't
get into the practice of rejecting things that don't provide it.

- Brett