maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Fox <bri...@infinity.nu>
Subject Re: [Proposal] EasyVersionMaintenance
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:27:36 GMT
First question, wouldn't ${project.version} solve the use case of
updating same versioned dependencies?

Also: "A <version> that was omitted in a <dependency> section can only
be resolved if the referenced modules are resolved. So if it is NOT
part of the sub-tree where the build was invoked we have a problem to
solve. However this can be done by adding a list of projects named
"closure" similar to the reactor but that is build from the
toplevel-pom recursively following the <modules>."

This doesn't work unless you have a whole project checked out on disk.
You couldn't resolve from a repository because the module entry refers
to a subfolder of where  to pom is, but in a repository it's
meaningless...ie it has no complete coordinates.