maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@sonatype.com>
Subject Re: proposal for cleaning up 2.x series releases / trees
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 17:38:41 GMT

On 1-Jul-09, at 9:47 AM, Brett Porter wrote:

> Ok, for starters I've moved all the open issues from 2.0.11 to 2.2.1
> and am now going through them to cull them down where possible.

You need to leave the bugs raised against 2.0.x because there is no
way around the fact that 2.0.x is going to be the dominant version
used for quite some time. We can't just stop bug fixing the 2.0.x
line. If you moved them all how are you going to know what applies?

> I've also confirmed that the ITs pass for 2.0.11-SNAPSHOT as it is.
>
> Once I get the 2.1.x bits cleaned up (per original mail that
> everyone seems in favour of), I'll spin an RC and see what everyone
> thinks.
>
> - Brett
>
> On 02/07/2009, at 1:46 AM, John Casey wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> Paul Benedict wrote:
>>> My preference is to release 2.0.11 as it is now (37 issues fixed).
>>> The
>>> remaining issues should move to 2.2.1. If critical bugs remain in
>>> 2.0.x, then build build a 2.0.12 issue list as people require it.
>>> - Paul

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/SonatypeNexus
http://twitter.com/SonatypeM2E

First, the taking in of scattered particulars under one Idea,
so that everyone understands what is being talked about ... Second,
the separation of the Idea into parts, by dividing it at the joints,
as nature directs, not breaking any limb in half as a bad carver might.

   -- Plato, Phaedrus (Notes on the Synthesis of Form by C. Alexander)