maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Maven 2.2.0 (Second Attempt)
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:36:46 GMT
Hi John,

John Casey wrote:

> This would be because of the recent addition of log4j, which is now
> shaded into the Maven binary (bundled with a changed package structure
> to keep it out of the way of plugins' own log4j dependencies).
> httpclient is using log4j because it's available, but log4j doesn't have
> a configuration included...resulting in this error.
>
> I suppose one easy fix would be to again retract this vote in order to
> add a log4j config file. I'm really not inclined to do this, unless
> others have stronger feelings about it. I'm not sure what impact this
> will have on debug output coming from the http wagon (where httpclient
> is used), but unless it's completely hiding all output I'd say we should
> fix it in 2.2.1.
>
> What do others think?

why don't you simply set the system property org.apache.commons.logging.Log
to initialize CL statically or add a commons-logging.property to the
resources
(http://commons.apache.org/logging/commons-logging-1.1.1/guide.html#Configuration)?
That should avoid the discovery mechanism of CL at all that is blamed in
MNG-4207 for the problem.

- Jörg