maven-dev mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Manual Steps for Integrating Maven with Eclipse...
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 22:37:07 GMT
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 3:28 AM, Shesadri
Parthasarathy<sparthasarathy1@sapient.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> We are working for one of our clients and all our development happens thru Eclipse 3.1.
We are using Maven Project for Build and deployment process. As there is some issues in doing
the installation of the maven plugin in Eclipse, we want to know the manual steps involved
in achieving the same what plug-in installation does.

> Is it possible for you to provide the steps (changes to folder or workspace, inclusion
of list of executable etc) as part of Maven integration into Eclipse so that we can do it
manually.

> Quick response on this would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Sesha.

This question belongs on the users list.

Have a look at the http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/

There is nothing special about Eclipse and Maven projects.
You just need configure Eclipse to have all the jars that you pom.xml
defines as dependencies (and their transitive dependencies)

The maven-eclipse-plugin automates that for you.