maven-dev mailing list archives

From John Casey <jdca...@commonjava.org>
Subject [VOTE] Maven Wagon 1.0-beta-6
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 19:49:39 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to call a vote for the release of Maven Wagon 1.0-beta-6. I've
opted not to shoot for a 1.0 release here, since there are still
something like four outstanding issues of various intricacy open for the
1.0 release, and I wanted to get several important bugs fixed for the
Maven 2.2.0 release.

You can find the binaries here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-staging-011/

The biggest changes provide fine-grained control over the
httpclient-driven http wagon, by allowing configuration of each type of
request or all types at once, both in terms of request headers and
httpclient parameters, from the settings.xml (or other sources, when
used outside Maven). Please note that this release is only meant to
solve a (relatively) narrow band of issues, mainly related to bugs that
have been reported against Maven. Getting this release done allows us to
solve those bugs for the Maven 2.2.0 release.

The notes for this release are at (the list is also appended to the end
of this message):

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10335&styleName=Html&version=15403

I'd like to give this vote 72h. Please vote:

[ ] +1 go man, go!
[ ] +0 whatever...
[ ] -1 stop! go back!

Here's my +1.

-john

===========
Release Notes - Maven Wagon - Version 1.0-beta-6

** Bug
     * [WAGON-220] - Wagon HTTP Deadlocks under high load
     * [WAGON-270] - preemptive auth in non-lightweight http wagon
causes Unauthorized responses from some servers

** Improvement
     * [WAGON-264] - compressed tarball download problems
     * [WAGON-271] - Provide configurability of httpclient parameters to
allow user to tell Maven to ignore cookies

---
John Casey
Developer and PMC Member, Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)
Member, Apache Software Foundation
Blog: http://www.ejlife.net/blogs/buildchimp

"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing."
        -Aristotle