maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Bentmann <benjamin.bentm...@udo.edu>
Subject Re: maven-eclipse-plugin failing on hudson - help needed.
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 21:03:23 GMT
Barrie Treloar wrote:

> This builds fine on my machine (windows xp) and on people.apache.org.
>
> I dont know why this is failing on hudson.

Likely because Hudson does a reactor build with the current working
directory being trunk/ and not maven-eclipse-plugin/. E.g. doing

   cd ..
   mvn integration-test -P run-its -f maven-eclipse-plugin/pom.xml

from the maven-eclipse-plugin directory should also fail for you.

> And if by chance someone knows what the problems is please let me know.

 From [0]:

     /**
      * Load the script from an external file ; optional.
      *
      * @param fileName the name of the file containing the script source.
      */
     public void setSrc(String fileName) {
         helper.setSrc(new File(fileName));
     }

I suspect that the call "new File(fileName)" is missing a check for a
relative path to resolve that against the project base dir.

Benjamin

[0]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/Script.java