maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: executions, phases and multiple goals
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 15:25:00 GMT
2009/5/22 Jason van Zyl <jvanzyl@sonatype.com>

>> It'd be nice if it was a feature... but I suspect it is a bug...
>>

> The mojos are binding to phase declared in the annotations. Why do you
> think this would be a bug?

Because I have not seen it documented anywhere else before... so before I go
running off telling people "just do this" I wanted to establish if this
behaviour will still work for Maven 3.x...

I am not entirely happy with the syntax myself.... and Brian (on IRC) felt
that an execution [with no phase and two goals which are bound to two
different phases] was ugly and unintuative... which I tend to agree

But if you are chiming in and saying "Oh but of course and Maven 3.x will
explicitly support such a syntax" then I will switch my examples from

        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>integration-test</id>
            <goals>