maven-dev mailing list archives

From nicolas de loof <nicolas.del...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] POM Version-Expression Transformation
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 08:10:18 GMT
I like the idea to have a new plugin normalize the POM before it gets
installed / deployed
This could be used also to translate the project POM from another XML schema
version / alternative language (groovy, json, or whatever) to 4.0.0
retro-compatible POM before beeing made public. This is not the subject of
your proposal, but with such a POM Transformation plugin attached to all
lifecycle we could open the POM format to enhancements (see for example the
current discution on apache-commons about commons-logging global exclusion,
or the proposal for an attribute-based 4.1.0 schema)

Cheers,
Nicolas