maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Fox <bri...@infinity.nu>
Subject Re: AW: Update on ASF Release requirements
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 12:03:56 GMT

Mark Struberg wrote:
> Hi Brian!
>

>> I've added a new flag to the Assembly plugin that will tell the
>> plugin to only run in the Execution Root folder and skip everything else.
>>

> I'm not sure if this solution will work. I know of a few projects using the assembly
plugin in submodules for other things than distribution.src.tar.gz creation.

This will be a separate config in a specific release profile execution,
the flag won't affect other distributions.
> What about quickly hacking a maven-sourcedistribution-plugin.
> This plugin may safely use your trick with the parent disabling the clients, which I
find a very cool thing.

No need, it's a simple flag in the assembly plugin that won't conflict
with anyone else.
> Maybe this could also be an additional mojo in the assembly plugin and so reuse many
of the existing functionality?

I was going to do that originally, but it's such a tiny bit of code to
make it work for any assembly mojo, i went with the flag.
> 3rd way (and possibly the cleanest) would be to additionally to 2) add something like
a 'skipOnParentInvocation' flag to the single assembly XMLs.