maven-dev mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Looking for java util similar to diff for comparing expected directory tree to actual in integration test
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 12:22:52 GMT
On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 9:53 AM, James Carpenter <nawkboy@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am building a maven plugin whose output is a directory structure with
> various files.  As part of an integration test (driven by the shitty
> plugin), I would like to compare the output structure/files to those of an
> expected structure.  I could probably build this up with DirectoryScanner,
> but I'm guessing there is something burried in plexus or elsewhere which
> already does this for me.  Any suggestions?

I'd be interested in knowing the answer.

I haven't done a google to find alternatives but the
maven-eclipse-plugin has custom written something to do just that.
It checks for files in the "expected" directory with the parent
version, replaces variables and then compares them. If they are xml
uses XmlUnit to do the comparision, others straight text.

If there was a more mainstream option that would be better.