maven-dev mailing list archives

From James Carpenter <nawk...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it now possible to affect reactor build ordering without using a normal module dependency?
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 16:11:03 GMT
In the past plugins such as the dependency plugin didn't have a way to
affect the reactor build order without having the user add a real dependency
(say test scope) to the module using the plugin (or having the plugin
programatically do the same) just to ensure proper build ordering.  I assume
this problem will eventually be solved in some manner (say a ghost
dependency scope), but that it is likely a difficult one for some reason or
other and therefore has not been solved long ago.

If all the referenced artifacts are jars one can sometimes workaround the
problem using plugin dependencies like I did when enhancing the exec:java
plugin for non-java modules.
http://mojo.codehaus.org/exec-maven-plugin/examples/example-exec-using-plugin-dependencies.html

I am about to write a plugin which automatically downloads a few archives
specified by GAVs, and I'm wondering if the situation has improved.  If not
I will simply use have to work around the issue.  Can anyone provide some
color the current status of this issue?