maven-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re : Re : [VOTE] Release Maven eclipse plugin version 2.6
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 13:41:11 GMT
On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 5:45 AM, Barrie Treloar <baerrach@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is definitely a defect introduced with setting inclusions to
> **/*.java (MECLIPSE-443 added inclusions) for Apsect developers (see
> MECLIPSE-538).
>
> But that shouldn't stop the release.

I'd rather had it would've stopped the release. This costed our devs a
whole morning to figure out why our application wouldn't start up
anymore due to missing .properties and other configuration and
non-java files (it's a Wicket project). This 'fix' will cause major
headaches for anyone developing Wicket applications, using Maven and
Eclipse. AFIAK that is about 70% of all Wicket developers out there.

I don't see a vote thread for maven-eclipse-plugin-1.6.1 happening,
which is something that should be done fast IMO.

Martijn