maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mojo-dev] Question about include vs includeGroupIds,includeArtifactIds
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 16:06:11 GMT
2009/4/17 Brian Fox <brianf@infinity.nu>:
> Each of those fields maps to a separate filter in the artifact filters. The
> filters grew over time but they were meant to be used separately most of the
> time. So you might say copy all com.sonatype or exclude org.apache but
> rarely try to specify and individual artifact...that's what the copy/unpack
> (minus the -dependencies) goals were for.

except they do not search the reactor... which causes problems with
the release plugin or clean builds which only go as far as package but
not as far as install

anywho the

groupId:artifactId:type:classifier:version

with trailing :'s redundant and implicit wildcards would work for that too, e.g.

org.apache is equivalent to org.apache:::: which is equivalent to
org.apache:*:*:*:*