maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject versions:analyze
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 21:30:05 GMT
Hi,

ok so I'm working on a new goal for the versions plugin, analyze (and an
associated report analysis-report)

I would like this goal to highlight potential issues with respect to
versions....

first problem I see is:

1.  Referencing a reactor project as a plugin or plugin dependency consumed
later in the reactor (since plugins must be class-loaded prior to starting
the build life cycle, and the artifacts will not be available until after
the package phase at least

Anyone any other suggestions for possible problems (which are to do with
versions and the reactor)

2. Using a dependency which is produced by the reactor, but not using the
version from the reactor (this is more of a warning than a problem as I can
see times when you might want to do this)

Oh, and by the way, these will not fail the build, that's the job of the
enforcer plugin... I want this report to help steer people towards best
practice

-Stephen