maven-dev mailing list archives

From nicolas de loof <nicolas.del...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.2.0 and JDK 1.5
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 05:21:31 GMT
I still build java 1.3 projects (Websphere 5.0.2) with a JDK6_u13.
I' use the maven-compiler <bootclasspaht> parameter to point on a Java1.3
JRE rt.jar, to avoid reference to unsupported classes/mehod. This is the
simplier/safer way AFAIK. Users only have to define a property
<java1.3.home> in settings.xml (and have a Java1.3 JRE installed).

Another option I allredy tester is to use rt.jar as a dependency from [2].
This can be used to avoid the property setting, but require manual
installation of the RT artifact (assuming you use SUN JRE).

Another option is to use animal-sniffer [1] plugin to check the code.

Anyway, JRE used by maven to run is not a blocker to compile to pre-1.5
target.

Nicolas

[1] https://animal-sniffer.dev.java.net/
[2] http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/com/sun/rt/