maven-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Archetype capabilities/limitations?
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 17:13:32 GMT
I'd like to write something.... I'll call it an archetype for now....
that generates a maven project but needs to run a _lot_ of java code
in order to figure out what to put in the new pom.xml.

What's my best strategy here?  From a quick glance at the archetype
plugin stuff it looks like this is not currently supported but that it
might be possible to add a third kind of archetype, something like
"code-based" along with file-set and old. Is this interesting to
anyone else?  Is it likely to be simpler to just start over and ignore
the archetype plugin stuff?

I'd also like it push dependencyManagement stuff and possibly some
properties into parent poms and check that it's not duplicating stuff.
Is there already code in the archetype plugin stuff that does this or
would I be adding a new capability?

thanks
david jencks