maven-dev mailing list archives

From John Casey <jdca...@commonjava.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r769417 - in /maven/components/branches/maven-2.1.x: ./ maven-artifact-manager/ maven-artifact-manager/src/test/java/org/apache/maven/artifact/manager/ maven-core/ maven-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/plexus/
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 01:47:14 GMT
<wishlist>
It'd be nice if we could just use a different component repository or
something that was sensitive to a properties file. This custom component
repository (an actual thing in plexus right now, but with only one impl)
might use the properties file to read which role-hint to use as the
'default' hint for a particular role...or, to provide a mapping from an
abstract role-hint to a concrete one.

If we could do this, it'd be a simple matter of telling users to set:

org.apache.maven.wagon.Wagon.http=http-lightweight

in that properties file. This is the component selector we've talked
about intermittently in the Plexus community, and it seems like it'd be
relatively simple to implement using this approach.

Oh well, maybe someday. :)
</wishlist>

-john