maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Fox <bri...@infinity.nu>
Subject Re: svn commit: r769417 - in /maven/components/branches/maven-2.1.x: ./ maven-artifact-manager/ maven-artifact-manager/src/test/java/org/apache/maven/artifact/manager/ maven-core/ maven-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/plexus/
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 23:25:27 GMT
Besides inertial friction to a change, is there a specific reason not to
consolidate on a single http provider? We already know that people may
use the dav wagon simply to handle larger artifacts and such, it seems
like reducing our surface area here would help

I wouldn't be opposed to allowing some selection mechanism, but telling
tons of users to switch from the familiar http:// url is just going to
confuse them.