maven-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Gusakov <oleg.subscripti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release mercury-1.0-alpha-6
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 17:00:41 GMT

Paul Gier wrote:
> I have a few questions and then I will give my +1.
>
> It looks like the ant tasks are part of the tag [1], but they are
> still marked as a snapshot version.  Is the ant-tasks module not part
> of the release?
mercury-ant-tasks happens to be located inside, it will go away as soon
as as it becomes it's own project. So - yes, it on a different release
cycle.
> Will there be a separate release for this?
Maven trunk builds all right, so I can probably release it. Let's see
what results you get :)

> I also tried running a simple project using the ant tasks and was not
> able to get it working [2].
I will have a look and reply in Jira
> Maybe this will be addressed in a future release.
>
> The last question I have is about the pluggability of dependency
> resolution in mercury.  Will there be a way to create custom
> dependency/conflict resolution using Maven 3/Mercury?
The disign is in place, but is not exposed as I did not plan to make it
available in version 1.0

The wip interface is org.apache.maven.mercury.metadata.sat.SatSolver,
some stuff is still missing. So this interface requires some work before
it's usable. And name should be more generic, of cause :)

Thanks,
Oleg