maven-dev mailing list archives

From John Eichelsdorfer <jeich...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using GIT as the canonical repository for Maven 3.x
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 19:43:35 GMT

My vote does not really count here, but Sun <Oracle> aggressively supports
Mercurial in NetBeans.  Based on reviews, Mercurial seemed to initially have
a technical edge whereas GIT had a loyal following. They do compete
aggressively and GIT has fixed many of its issues.

NetBeans works better with our complex, multi-pom Maven builds.  We look
forward to 6.7 NetBeans, which holds many enhancements to Maven support.

Would it not be most advantageous to choose the platform that works best
with the most prevalent IDEs?

-----
John Eichelsdorfer

http://jobbank.com/ jobbank.com