maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r769417 - in /maven/components/branches/maven-2.1.x: ./ maven-artifact-manager/ maven-artifact-manager/src/test/java/org/apache/maven/artifact/manager/ maven-core/ maven-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/plexus/
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 23:15:48 GMT

On 29/04/2009, at 4:15 AM, Brett Porter wrote:

> On 29/04/2009, at 1:37 AM, John Casey wrote:
>
>> I'll file the issue, but we've come across a problem where long
>> passwords cause Sun's Base64 implementation to line-wrap the
>> Authorization HTTP header.
>>
>> I've done extensive testing on this in our internal code, and found
>> that httpclient works perfectly on the same cases.
>
> Got it. We might want to extend the RC cycle and limit any other
> changes to artifact handling to avoid question with might cause
> problems.
>
> Is it possible to add an IT for the original problem by checking the
> header on the server side?
>
> Another thing worth looking at is a config option that can flip
> implementations, though it might be tricky since I think the wagons
> use the same role hint.

Further option to this: we could add additional role-hints (like in
the dav wagon) so that you can choose which implementation to use in
case of problems (it'd also need to be added as an extension).

Note that your specific issue can probably be worked around by using a
dav:// URL instead of http:// on an unmodified 2.1.0.

Cheers,
Brett