maven-dev mailing list archives

From Ringo De Smet <ringo.des...@gmail.com>
Subject MRELEASE-400: How can we add the systemPath again to the release POM?
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 15:40:33 GMT
Hello,

In our release setup, we always generate the release POM for our
modules. We have a project now that fails when the
org.htmlparser:htmlparser:1.6 dependency was added. htmlparser refers
to tools.jar as a system scoped dependency. The generated release POM
contains a system scoped dependency to tools.jar, but the systemPath
is lost. I looked at
GenerateReleasePomsPhase.createReleaseDependencies(...) and I was
surprised that the dependencies for the release POM where generated
from the real dependency artifacts. I would have expected that this
list would be based on the flattened dependency tree from the project.

Is there an easy way I can get this information passed to this method?
I would like to create a patched private version of the release plugin
to be able to continue with our builds.

Greetings,

Ringo