maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r755199 - /maven/components/branches/maven-2.1.0-RC/maven-core/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/DefaultPluginManager.java
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 17:10:55 GMT

On 18/03/2009, at 2:23 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Why are you changing core code in the RC branch after we have
> started the RC cycle?
>
> Can we please leave the code alone in RCs and use the 2.1.x branch
> for any non-regression related changes.

See the concurrent threads - the change you quoted was an adjustment
to the previous one based on Benjamin's assessment. The original
change was to better inform users of a difference in compatibility for
plugins between 2.0.x and 2.1.0 which is why I merged it. I also said
that if this is the only thing left it can wait until 2.1.1 - I don't
mind if these get rolled back from the RC branch at all.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org