maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: metadata schema was: [vote] Maven 2.1.0
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 23:33:28 GMT
Hmm, why was this added? We don't use a validating parser, and nobody
really edits them by hand. With network traffic on these files at a
premium for downloads I would think it's best left out to save some
bytes.

(I don't consider it a blocker to the vote though, and with regard to
my vote, I'm still testing :)

- Brett

On 20/03/2009, at 8:26 AM, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:

> John Casey wrote:
>
>> It looks like Maven 2.1.0 is ready to release.
>
> I noticed that the maven-metadata*.xml files generated by 2.1.0
> include the schema location and point at
>
>  http://maven.apache.org/xsd/metadata-1.0.0.xsd
>
> which is currently non-existent. I assume this XSD will be deployed
> once the vote has passed?
>

> Benjamin

Brett Porter
brett@apache.org