maven-dev mailing list archives

From Anders Kristian Andersen <anders.kristian.ander...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.1.0-RC3
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 23:30:07 GMT

I have tested 2.1.0-RC3 on a larger project that I have build over the
last 6 month using 2.0.9

All features seems to run.
I find it fast
It seems to warn me better etc.

So I find it positive

/Anders

Attached:
1) version
2) some repository blacklistings, they are not all new

$ mvn -version
Using Java version: 1.5
Apache Maven 2.1.0-RC3 (r754932; 2009-03-16 17:31:06+0100)
Java version: 1.5.0_16
Java home: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: MacRoman
OS name: "mac os x" version: "10.5.6" arch: "i386" Family: "unix"

  cat output.lis | grep blacklist | sort | uniq
[WARNING] The repository url 'http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/'

  is invalid - Repository 'apache-ibiblio-rsync' will be blacklisted.
[WARNING] The repository url 'http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository'
  is invalid - Repository 'apache-snapshots' will be blacklisted.
[WARNING] The repository url 'http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/'
  is invalid - Repository 'apache-incubator' will be blacklisted.
[WARNING] The repository url 'http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository'
  is invalid - Repository 'apache-snapshots' will be blacklisted.
[WARNING] The repository url 'http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository'
  is invalid - Repository 'apache.snapshots' will be blacklisted.
[WARNING] The repository url 'http://serp.sourceforge.net/m2repo' is
invalid - Repository 'serp' will be blacklisted.
[WARNING] The repository url 'http://svn.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository'

On 18/03/2009, at 18.26, Arnaud HERITIER wrote:

> ok thus it was a false alert. I tested with the wrong
> project ;-)Thanks for
> your help.
>
> Arnaud
>

> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 5:30 PM, John Casey <jdcasey@commonjava.org>
> wrote:
>
>> When I tried to build the archetype project itself using JDK 1.4, I
>> found
>> that the unit tests wouldn't run. I got the same missing method
>> error about
>> StringBuffer.append(..). When I investigated, I found that the
>> problem seems
>> to be coming from cargo's jetty test container, which seems to
>> require JDK
>> 1.5 in order to run.
>>
>> This isn't a problem with maven; it's a problem with the archetype
>> project.
>> And, it's happening with Maven 2.0.10 as well.
>>

>> John Casey wrote:
>>
>>> Okay, looks like that problem no longer exists...but I can't get
>>> it to
>>> fail at all now.
>>>
>>> When you talk about archetype/pom.xml, what do you mean? Are you
>>> talking
>>> about building the archetype project itself?

with the