maven-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Current status of moving apache projects to apache's nexus instance?
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 18:41:40 GMT
jdcasey helped a bit on IRC, thanks.

I think the documentation on this is really unsatisfactory.  At least
I can't find anything by googling.  John pointed be to the maven
release instructions http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/releasing.html
  which might be OK for maven components but are a bit lacking as a
guide to best practices for apache projects.

I've opened a jira with a few suggestions for improvements to this
page  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4095

Having the apache nexus instance there is great but I'm afraid you'll
get extremely bad press if the apache 5 pom is out there and there is
no trivially accessible documentation about what the consequences are
of using it.  For instance portals recently decided having a root pom
might be a good idea and naturally chose the most recent apache pom as
the parent with no awareness of the consequences about where their
deployments will end up and whether or not any other steps need to be
taken for other portals project release destinations.

thanks
david jencks