maven-dev mailing list archives

From Anders Kristian Andersen <anders.kristian.ander...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How is packaging related to an artifacts file type?
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2009 13:36:05 GMT
Okay I found the answer my self.

The Installer reads the extension is from
getProject().getArtifact().getArtifactHandler().getExtension()

And DefaultArtifactHandler implementes the code

     public String getExtension()
     {
         if ( extension == null )
         {
             extension = type;
         }
         return extension;
     }

So hereby the extension is normal == type and sametime package
defaults to type.
This means that
	normal extension== type == package

/Anders