maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@sonatype.com>
Subject Re: The Future of OSGi & Maven
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 22:47:54 GMT
On 17-Mar-09, at 10:13 AM, Georgy Bolyuba wrote:

> There is a comment [1] by Igor on [2]:
>
>> Henri, Tycho already discovers OSGi dependencies from bundle
>> manifest.
>
> Does this mean that dependencies can be osgi-bundles? Where can one
> find more information about it?
>
> All I am able to find on Maven + OSGi is how to build osgi-bundle.

You can subscribe to the Tycho list here if you want to know more:

There is a tycho-users@lists.sonatype.com

> Thank you,
> Georgy
>
> --
>> there's a
>> blog entry describing some of the things we're working on.
>>
>> The demo that we planned for EclipseCon is mostly working and we
>> should have
>> it fully worked out over the next week. The demo is building
>> m2eclipse with
>> Tycho, publishing to Nexus and installing Eclipse + m2eclipse from
>> the
>> Update Manager in Eclipse by pointing it at Nexus. We think that's
>> pretty
>> cool :-)

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more
examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

   -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks