maven-dev mailing list archives

From John Casey <jdca...@commonjava.org>
Subject Re: assembly: ITs failing: container-descriptors\custom-containerDescriptorHandler
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:42:37 GMT
This is probably not a well-documented feature yet, as it's fairly new
and we've been working out the kinks. Container-descriptor handlers
aggregate content from things like components.xml, etc. in an
intelligent way, rather than allowing one jar's descriptor to overwrite
another's. The descriptor handlers are Plexus components, whose
role-hint is entered in the section you mention below. The assembly
plugin then looks up the specific handlers for use when it encounters
references to them in the assembly descriptor.

What is the specific error you're seeing?