maven-dev mailing list archives

From John Casey <jdca...@commonjava.org>
Subject Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.1.0-RC3
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 16:30:16 GMT
When I tried to build the archetype project itself using JDK 1.4, I
found that the unit tests wouldn't run. I got the same missing method
error about StringBuffer.append(..). When I investigated, I found that
the problem seems to be coming from cargo's jetty test container, which
seems to require JDK 1.5 in order to run.

This isn't a problem with maven; it's a problem with the archetype
project. And, it's happening with Maven 2.0.10 as well.

John Casey wrote:
> Okay, looks like that problem no longer exists...but I can't get it to
> fail at all now.
>
> When you talk about archetype/pom.xml, what do you mean? Are you talking
> about building the archetype project itself?
>
> John Casey wrote:
>> I've actually had a problem using the archetype plugin with JDK < 1.5
>> for a couple months now. Are we sure this isn't a problem in 2.0.10 as
>> well?
>>
>> Brett Porter wrote:
>>> Seems like this would fail on earlier versions as well?

RC3

So,
I'll