maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Bentmann <benjamin.bentm...@udo.edu>
Subject Redeployment of plugin sites (was Re: [maven-shade-plugin] Typo in examples)
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2009 11:30:27 GMT
Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:

> [...] site deployed.

Do we have some guideline for the deployed plugin site and its
state/contents? For instance, the site is now saying "Version:
1.3-SNAPSHOT", its "Source Repository" report points to trunk instead of
  maven-shade-plugin-1.2 and the source XRef report contains code from
trunk, i.e. the site is no longer in sync with the latest plugin release.

I once got pretty upset as a user when I struggled with a non-functional
plugin feature documented on a plugin site just to find that the site
described unreleased stuff. While this particular problem doesn't apply
for the Shade Plugin's site right now, I still wonder whether it would
not be more appropriate if we fixed doc typos in the SVN tag itself and
redeployed the site from the tag?

Benjamin