maven-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Gusakov <oleg.subscripti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to resolve dependencies without building a multi-project
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:17:39 GMT
Arnaud HERITIER wrote:
> Hi guys,
>   In a multi-project, is it possible to resolve its dependencies without
> having to build it ?
>   I'm trying to find a clean solution for
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-472
>   Any idea ?
>   How are you doing in IDE plugins ? I have to use something not available
> in 2.0.x like mercury ?

As far as Mercury goes - you can use PlexusMercury component: for the
resolve call you feed a list of repos, scope and a list of GAVs, it
returns the list of GAVs for the transitive closure.

Example at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/mercury/trunk/mercury-it/src/test/java/org/apache/maven/mercury/plexus/DefaultPlexusMercuryTest.java,

look at testResolve()

If you don't read the artifacts afterwards - they don't even show up in
the local repo.

Cheers,
Oleg