maven-dev mailing list archives

From John Casey <jdca...@commonjava.org>
Subject Re: Maven 2.1.0 and Doxia
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 14:59:42 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:
> On 03/03/2009, at 6:11 AM, John Casey wrote:
>
>> What exactly is the plan for Doxia and Maven 2.1.0? Who's doing what
>> to push this along?
>
> You should first review the exact same question I asked 5 days ago :)

I had just finished reading this thread probably 30m before writing the
email. My concern was that we weren't talking enough about whether it
was a good idea to include Doxia at all...it seemed to be more about
which new version of Doxia to include. I wanted to make sure the
question of "why upgrade at all?" was asked.

I no longer believe in progress for the sake of progress, so I wanted a
clear answer to that question.

>> 1. What compelling reason do we have to upgrade Doxia in Maven 2.1.0?
>> I understand that there's a largish assortment of plugins that cannot
>> upgrade until Maven does...but what is in Doxia 1.1 that we can't live
>> without until the next release of Maven (by which time - HOPEFULLY -
>> Doxia would have been released and in the wild for some time)?
>
> For me, because it breaks the deadlock on the release and facilitates
> everything else moving forward rather than the split that occurred.

Is Maven the only consumer of Doxia? When you say "everything else
moving forward" do you mean Maven plugins, or Doxia's development itself?

-john