maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Bentmann <benjamin.bentm...@udo.edu>
Subject Re: MNG-4056, please comment
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 10:36:55 GMT
Brian E. Fox wrote:

> Seems logical to me. I don't know why there are these special mappings
> in the first place.

Not sure either, possibly to control the addedToClasspath flag of the
artifact handler [0] (which is false for java-source but true for
javadoc...).

> Sources is the other one that comes to mind... if
> true you should handle that the same.

These are the artifacts attached by Apache plugins I know of:
- maven-ejb-plugin: EJB client JAR as type "ejb-client"
- maven-jar-plugin: test JAR as type "test-jar"
- maven-javadoc-plugin: javadoc JAR as type "javadoc"
- maven-source-plugin: main/test source JAR as type "java-source"

All of these end up as files with extension ".jar" and a classifier.
Hence if users declare <dependencies> on them using the <classifier>
only they would be handled by the patch just as already outlined for the
test-jar case.

Benjamin

[0]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/branches/maven-2.1.x/maven-artifact/src/main/resources/META-INF/plexus/components.xml