maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Bentmann <benjamin.bentm...@udo.edu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Maven ear plugin version 2.3.2
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 10:07:00 GMT
Arnaud HERITIER wrote:

> For me we have to propose a new minor version as soon as we add a new
> feature.

+1. Just for the new filtering support (BTW, looking at the 20 votes on
the issue I believe some users would call that "a significant feature
set addition") alone a bunch of new goal parameters have been added,
that doesn't look like just a bugfix release. Not to mention the
significant changes to the code base which increase the likelihood for
new bugs and hence don't feel appropriate to be labelled as a bugfix
release IMHO.

This is not to say the release needs to be re-staged, I merely wanted to
support Arnaud's sentiment about the versioning scheme.

Benjamin