maven-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Brian E. Fox" <>
Subject RE: decision on Doxia for 2.1.0?
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 00:42:27 GMT
When can we get 1.1? I think 2.1.0 is essentially ready to go now.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hervé BOUTEMY [] 
Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2009 2:44 PM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: decision on Doxia for 2.1.0?

We made tests with Vincent today and found little problems with backward 
compatibility that Vincent fixed immediately.

Now everything is ok for me. I tested Modello's site with success: MPIR, PMD, 
Checkstyle, Surefire and taglist reports were fine (after the fixes...).
I'm now confident that this change will be fully backward compatible with 
every reporting plugin.

then +1 to include Doxia 1.1 in Maven 2.1.0

To have your own test:
- "mvn install" Doxia and Doxia Site Tools 1.1-SNAPSHOT  (= trunk),
- install and use Maven 2.1-SNAPSHOT after upgrading doxia-sink-api to 
1.1-SNAPSHOT (in main pom.xml)
- "mvn install" maven-site-plugin 2.1-SNAPSHOT from

Then choose the project of your choice you want to test: upgrade 
maven-site-plugin to 2.1-SNAPSHOT and generate the site.
If you're like me, there are some warnings like "[WARNING] Profile with 
id: 'reporting' has not been activated." or "[WARNING] A dependency of the 
current project (or of one the plugins used in its build)was found in the 
but had not been built at the time it was requested. It will be resolved from 
the repository instead.". But everything works well




Le dimanche 01 mars 2009, Dennis Lundberg a écrit :
> This sound like a good plan to me. Release Doxia 1.1 and put it into
> 2.1.0. If things start to go horribly wrong pull it out again.
> Brett Porter wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > So I did additional testing and while there is no way to do the
> > separation without busting things up at this stage, upgrading to Doxia
> > 1.1 does appear to be backwards compatible (the old and the new site
> > plugin work with it, and old and new reports work with the old site
> > plugin on the new doxia - got that mouthful? :)
> >
> > I think John is about to call the other release, so this will be the
> > last queued issue for 2.1.0 before starting the RC phase.
> >
> > So, do we upgrade or postpone?
> >
> > Doxia 1.1 looks ready to release according to JIRA. So, IMO - if that
> > release can be started right away, we can include it for the RC cycle -
> > we need to break this deadlock. But at the first sign of major trouble
> > it would be back to 1.0. If the release isn't ready to go we would also
> > have to stick to 1.0.
> >
> > Objections?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Brett
> >
> > --
> > Brett Porter
> >
> >

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message