maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@sonatype.com>
Subject Re: Maven 2.1.0 and Doxia
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 07:06:43 GMT

On 3-Mar-09, at 2:50 PM, Vincent Siveton wrote:

> Hi Jason
>
> 2009/3/3 Jason van Zyl <jvanzyl@sonatype.com>:
>> XWiki is not using it because it doesn't work. Vincent created a
>> wrapper to
>
> We added a lot of tests in 1.1 and all seems to work with 2.0.x and
> 2.1.
> I can't see the problems/issues that you refer. Could you point me?

That's the whole point of the argument. A couple people working on
something that gets pushed into a release is not going to be found by
any of us, it's going to be found by users. Which is why we have
longish release cycles where the context code is not shifting around.
We have a hard enough time with Maven itself. If the 1.1 had been
released and soaked the whole period of the initial RCs that would be
easier to deal with.

>> try and help integrate it but as it seems no one here is interested
>> it will
>
> If you refer to this thread [1], I can't see any consensus. Probably,
> you could ping the list or redirect this thread to dev@maven.

I'm frankly not interested any more. If no one here is interested
that's fine.

>> likely be dropped. It's not being used in production for anything.
>
> Probably, Vincent will be the best person to response, but actually,
> XWiki uses Doxia [2]. I know it is not 1.1 in production.

It's in there because I asked him to and the only thing of interest is
the Confluence parser right now. It will be redone with JavaCC using
WikiModel as no one is using the Wiki markup parsers from Doxia on a
daily basis so they just don't get the attention. There is also now
WikiText in Mylyn which has now also surpassed Doxia.

> Cheers,
>
> Vincent
>
> [1] http://maven.markmail.org/message/azjndnva4y54kx7h
> [2] http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/platform/core/trunk/xwiki-rendering/xwiki-rendering-parsers/xwiki-rendering-parser-doxia/