maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven 2.1.0 and Doxia
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 13:00:52 GMT

On 03/03/2009, at 11:45 PM, Brian E. Fox wrote:

>> 1.1 is NOT under development anymore, it hasn't been for at least
>> over a year. All
>> we did was small bug fixes and enhancements that came along on the
>> way because
>> there was nothing else to do.
>
> I don't follow this logic, if it's been done for over a year, why
> has it been discussed for the last 3 maven releases and still no
> release? It only seems relevant when a maven release is coming up
> and then it's a hurry up and wait for doxia pattern.

There's a perception that there's no point releasing until Maven is
going to adopt it (because nothing else can upgrade until the core
supports it), and there's no point adopting it in Maven until its
released. It's a deadlock that needs to be fixed, hence my proposal to
just release it already and use it for the release to break it (and
rollback if anything catastrophic happens in the RCs).

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org