maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r748226 - in /maven/components/trunk/maven-project/src/main/java/org/apache/maven: profiles/ProfilesConversionUtils.java profiles/build/DefaultProfileAdvisor.java profiles/build/ProfileAdvisor.java project/DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.j
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 15:43:52 GMT

On 27/02/2009, at 5:56 AM, Shane Isbell wrote:

> This is permanent. From my understanding, profiles.xml is almost
> never used,
> so it's not really worth the added complexity of keeping it.

I'm not entirely sure that's correct. There are a number of issues
filed in JIRA related to it (one is in the top 20, though that only
required 17 votes), and that's just some proportion of the people that
are using it.

I think there are probably alternatives (Eg, substituting values with
properties and setting them in settings.xml), but perhaps surveying
the users on the impact of this to their builds would be prudent?

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter