maven-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schulte ...@schulte.it>
Subject Re: Version comparison rules
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:01:47 GMT
Stephen Connolly schrieb:
> What I'm thinking is that if we had some metadata associated with the
> groupId, it could specify what the version comparison rule is for that
> groupId (and all it's child groupIds)...

It would be very cool to have some general purpose grouplevel metadata!
Various things come to mind. Public keys, extensible general purpose
grouplevel indexing, group relocation, group depraction, access control
etc. Lots of usecases. So when modeling, lots of requirements to
collect. Could be as complex as the pom itself, could be as simple as

<group>
  <file id="well-known-identifier"
        mime-type="text/xml"
        url="version-comparison-metadata.xml"/>

  <file id="well-known-identifier"
        mime-type="application/x-x509-ca-cert"
        url="ca.crt"/>

  <file id="well-known-identifier"
        mime-type="image/jpeg"
        url="logo.jpg"/>

</group>

With URLs relative to the groupid location or even absolute pointing to
some resource outside the repository, but publicly accessible, or not.

--
Christian