maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Notes from Build Tools BOF at ApacheCon US 2008
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2008 03:54:32 GMT
Thanks Wendy for organising and taking more thorough notes :)

I've observed a few interesting things here. It feels like people are
"happier" with Maven than previously. Rather than frustration, there
have been more questions and enthusiasm. It seems as though the
fundamentals have sunk in to a greater depth among many. As usual,
everyone is talking about it as it affects so many projects.

POM changes and non-alpha plugin releases seemed the biggest requests.

There's still a lot of confusion and skepticism about things related
to 3.0, such as:
- how does work on 2.[0|1].x get migrated over there given the code is
becoming so different
- what work is actually happening on it, is there a roadmap
- is it every going to be released. Not so much questions of when, but
what was needed first. There's certainly a feeling of "Maven 2.0 all
over again".

I heard on several occasions from people wanting to contribute and not
really knowing where we needed help.

Overall, it's been a good week I think, and it was great meeting Brian
for the first time as well as catching up with a few others I haven't
seen for up to 12 months :)

Cheers,
Brett

Brett Porter