maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: maven-artifact: DefaultWagonManagerTest: suffers windows timestamp resolution issues
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 17:56:40 GMT
Thread.sleep shouldn't be needed - usually you can set it to a time in
the past, then read it back so that you know exactly the right value.
Usually you need to use a low precision (whole seconds, at least) to
get an accurate time. The less you can use it, the better.

I don't know of any libraries with common methods for this though.

Cheers,
Brett

On 04/11/2008, at 4:24 PM, Barrie Treloar wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Barrie Treloar
> <baerrach@gmail.com> wrote:
>> DefaultWagonManagerTest has timestamp resolution issues as the test
>> cases create new files which then have their timestamps checked to
>> see
>> if the downloaded file is newer than the one on disk.
>>
>> I know the eclipse:eclipse plugin had similar issues.
>>
>> I've hacked around it by refactoring the newfile calls into a single
>> method with a Thread.sleep()...
>> But since this is common across all test cases was wondering if there
>> was a standard way to resolve this?
>
> ping?

Brett Porter
brett@apache.org