maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Bentmann <benjamin.bentm...@udo.edu>
Subject Re: MNG-3866: To fix or not to fix?
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2008 10:46:54 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something but that issue seems to indicate a bug
> regardless since the configuration is completely lost instead of
> duplicated (assuming your latter example is complete).

Clarifying whether the behavior I observed with the plugin configuration
is a bug or a feature is the primary purpose of this thread.

For better illustration, I added another example to the JIRA issue that
a) uses explicit plugin versions in both parent and child
b) should be a little closer to real-life

Since people usually assume/expect plugin versions to be mostly
compatible, I personally feel Maven 2.x is making a better job at saving
me from XML clutter if I only want to use a different plugin version
than suggested by the parent.

Benjamin