maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian E. Fox" <bri...@reply.infinity.nu>
Subject RE: Mercury status and roadmap
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:09:40 GMT

>> 2. switch several plugins to use mercury for resolution
>> 2.1 dependency plugin
>> ?? .. open for suggestions

>I commented in the JIRA, but I think this should only live on a branch

>until Mercury is final. It can be a good way to test Mercury, but
>shouldn't get into a release. We have this bad cultural habit of
>getting stuck in alphas otherwise :)

For the plugins I agree. For Maven 3, I do not. There's no benefit in
having a branch of 3.0 that is the only one that works. The plan is to
use Mercury to replace large chunks of the resolution code. Mercury
itself can be alpha while it's being used in maven alphas. It should be
1.0 final though before Maven 3.0 final is done.