maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Mercury status and roadmap
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 23:06:47 GMT
Le mercredi 12 novembre 2008, Oleg Gusakov a écrit :
> > inheriting from parent won't add any dependencies to the code. And if
> > dependencyManagements values don't fit your need, no problem to override
> > them. I don't see what we loose with this parent, but we win a lot of
> > things. Or we'll need to improve mercury-pom with configuration that is
> > missing, copying/pasting from maven-parent when necessary...
> >
> >> Good point about people discovering it though. We need to do something
> >> about it.
> >
> > I'll add site.xml and work on reporting, if you're ok.
done
this show some little problems with overall modules organization:

- having mercury-pom a sub-module and parent of every other siblings causes
problems in site plugin breadcrumbs and scm url construction

- projects name in pom.xml are not adequate for breadcrumbs: for example
<name>Mercury Reactor:                ${project.version}</name>

but all in all, site can be published now.