maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mercury status and roadmap
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 05:12:20 GMT
A few quick ones...

On 11/11/2008, at 7:27 AM, Oleg Gusakov wrote:

> ** code quality range per repository is introduced

Nice. Does this mean staging vs release, or is it keeping alpha/beta
or QA/test separate from final release?

> * POM interpretation for these repositories defaults to maven-
> mercury component in a branch of maven-3.0-SN that in turn uses
> ProjectBuilder to do it

Has there been any work to write this out to a new format that is
already resolved to site alongside the original pom artifact?

> 1. prove the correctness of the new resolver by running it side by
> side with current resolver and comparing results

It seems you've already done the same, but I wrote a tool several
months ago to help with that if you need it: http://markmail.org/message/h2p3fywavi6utlnu
I already ran it against central once and had some interesting results.

> 2. switch several plugins to use mercury for resolution
> 2.1 dependency plugin
> ?? .. open for suggestions

I commented in the JIRA, but I think this should only live on a branch
until Mercury is final. It can be a good way to test Mercury, but
shouldn't get into a release. We have this bad cultural habit of
getting stuck in alphas otherwise :)

> This week I am working on the comparison code - [1.] and will
> publish results as I get them. I will also tackle 2.1 as it closely
> relates to this work.

Let me know if you need a hand with this.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter