maven-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] release maven-parent 9 TAKE 2
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 21:19:05 GMT
Not sure I follow you here: what about the site?

Well, as I said we have been holding off on the parent release (for too
long) specifically to get the new enforcer in there. So releasing the
parent without it now feels like an anticlimax.

That said, I agree that we need to release our parents more often.

Brian Fox wrote:

> I don't but I don't know how not including it might affect the site
> specifically. The parent isn't a magical thing and it's been 6 months.
> Why not release it, do the enforcer and release it again? Release it 3
> or 4 more times for good measure.
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 8, 2008, at 4:47 PM, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Brian, why do you need to release maven-parent-9 to be able to do the
>> enforcer release?
>>
>> We have been holding off the release of the parent so that we could get
>> the new enforcer into the parent...
>>
>> Brian E. Fox wrote:
>>> Take 2: I removed the enforcer version and the clirr checks. (see other
>>> vote thread for reasons)
>>>

>>> I need to release the maven-parent v9 before I can do the enforcer
>>> release. Since there isn't a project to track changes in jira, here are
>>> the diffs since v8. It's mostly housekeeping and plugin lockdown:
>>>

>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/pom/trunk/maven/pom.xml?r1=632423&r2=
>>> 693260&diff_format=h
>>>
>>> The pom is staged at:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~brianf/stage/org/apache/maven/maven-parent/
>>>

>>> Vote is open for 72hrs.
>>>

>>> +1
>>>

>>> I will go forward and stage the enforcer release in the same repository.
>>>

>> --
>> Dennis Lundberg

Dennis Lundberg