maven-dev mailing list archives

From Mauro Talevi <mauro.tal...@aquilonia.org>
Subject Re: Maven 2.1.0 GA Plan
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 09:45:14 GMT
Brian E. Fox wrote:
> Exactly. I don't think we need to reopen this up to a bunch more
> changes, we can make more releases later. If I thought we would be
> opening a can of worms for this originally, I probably wouldn't have
> been in favor of it. My understanding was that 2.0.10 became 2.1.0 and
> more changes would follow on 2.x since we moved out 3.0.

I agree with Brian.  However tempting to have more features creep in
because of the new dot release (as opposed to dot dot) it's better to
release a stable version (on which there is now a consensus that it has
sufficiently evolved from 2.0.x branch) and focus on next release.

Release early, release often ... etc :-)

Cheers